First things first: In the coming weeks and months, iData will be hosting a livestream Clinical Documentation Webinar Series about a host of realtime hot-button topics including document integrity, auditing, security and business continuity, and backup vendor configurations. Remember, improvements always translate into uptick in patient satisfaction and revenues. Look for you invite!
Another year behind us, here are some things we’ve seen in 2017:
- Inverted White House policies have giving way to ambiguous changes for insurance carriers, benefit allocations, physicians and hospital practices, and patients experience and costs. Several failed attempts to overhaul the Affordable Care Act have left stakeholders scrambling to predict what steps to take next.
- The documentation field is almost all digital now, creating increased efficiencies, and giving way to greater opportunity for archiving, data analytics, improved efficiencies and revenue, and sadly, increased digital forensics.
- Outsourcing both domestically and off-shore continues to grow substantially year-over-year. Despite HIPAA and international hacking allegations, improved and tightened digital security continues to outpace events like this year’s Nuance malware debacle.
- The Nuance Petya malware revealed the width and depth of the cybersecurity vulnerabilities that exist in medical systems and platforms. Moreover, it revealed that many facilities failed to employ (or even have) a robust Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity Plans, including those that engage vetted backup vendors without missing a beat.
- Litigation and enforcement around EHR and clinical documentation integrity faux pas (misdiagnosis and treatment, errors and data loss, underpayment and outright fraud, and other risky vulnerabilities) has caused an attention spike by just about everyone, including EHR and transcription system design vendors and providers.
So, what does it all mean in 2018? For iData, we see ourselves as part of the solution for healthcare facilities, clinics, and physicians. We’ll keep beating our drum:
- Using proven audit systems and nationally-renowned facilitators, our Document Integrity Auditing process gives you clarity about the true vulnerabilities you have and offers you solutions that help you avoid risk, malpractice, litigation, enforcement, all the while ensuring that you maximize revenue. Let us audit your system and help you sleep at night.
- Back-up vendor ready posture. We have a substantial team of Transcription QAs, Coders, and document integrity professionals. Our team is respected by dozens of small, medium and very large hospital systems delivering complaint-free documents for over 10 years!
- Of our mature work-flow process in the transcription and coding space. Our services offer 99% Accuracy and TAT guarantees! Not words, but action. How? Our 3-pronged ID3 systems employs intelligent and proactive business practices by means of our Client ID, Workforce ID, and Security ID. Learn more and experience ID3 here.
- Our technology systems are HIPAA and ISO-27001-certified and secured. We laugh at viruses, hackers, spyware, and ransomware.
- And don’t forget to look for your invitation to our planned Webinar Series!
Contact Kendall Tant, our CEO, today, and discuss with him how we can use the lessons-learned from 2017 and make 2018 the best year yet!